Wright-Way Rescue's Shelter Medicine program was founded as a means to provide top quality care for sheltered pets awaiting their adoptive homes at the Wright-Way Rescue Intake & Quarantine Facility located in Murphysboro IL. Wright-Way Rescue cares for nearly 2000 pets yearly. Prior to 2010 veterinary care was provided for WWR at several private veterinary clinics. It had become very clear that an on staff veterinarian and clinic with a surgical suite would best suite the needs and goals of our growing shelter.
In 2010 Wright-Way Rescue welcomed Dr. Kamarasy, DVM to our staff. Dr. Kamarasy has experience in the shelter medicine field as well as at private small animal practices. She brings over 20 years of veterinary experience to our staff. Our shelter animals now enjoy frequent visits with Dr. Kamarasy prior to adoption.
In 2011 Dr. Greenwell DVM and Dr. James DVM also joined our growing program. Our shelter is now staffed by three outstanding veterinarians who oversee all medical care of the WWR shelter pets.
To read the heartwarming and heartbreaking rescue stories of some of the animals our team has helped click here.
Services Currently Facilitated Through WWRs Shelter Medicine Program
- Spay/Neuter Surgeries done on site!
- Treatment of internal and external parasites
- FIV/FELV testing of all felines
- Heartworm testing of all canines age 6 months and over
- Treatment of all heartworm positive canines
- Parvo Testing of all puppies 4 months and under upon intake and prior to release
- Written health certificates for animals prior to being released for adoption
- Diagnosis and treatment of mild to moderate injuries and illnesses
- Rehabilitation for malnourished pets
- Diagnosis and treatment of injuries and illness except those requiring a specialist
Additional Services We Hope to Be Able To Provide For Our Pets In-House
- Presurgical bloodwork for all pets
Thousands of adoptable animals are euthanized yearly in the Southern IL area where the Wright-Way Rescue Intake & Quarantine Facility is located. Many rescues work to help save these pets. It is our goal in the future to extend these services to qualified shelters in an effort to save even more lives!
THANK YOU PETCO FOUNDATION FOR MAKING THE WWR SHELTER MEDICINE PROGRAM A REALITY!
WWR Shelter Medicine Program Mission Statement
Wright-Way Rescue seeks to improve the health and well being of animals in our shelter and those in other shelters in our community through the advancement of shelter medicine practices facilitated by an on-site, full service, veterinary clinic at the Wright-Way Rescue Intake & Quarantine Facility.